Bahamas Visa Application Procedure
The Bahamas is an archipelago state with around 700 islands that attract tourists from all over the world. The famous cities of Freeport, George Town, Cockburn Town, and Dunmore Town and their beaches serve as great refreshments to the tourists who are mesmerized by the beauty of the sea waters. The Bahamas e-visa services and the Bahamas tourist visa services are offered by many travel agencies.
Below are the Bahamas visa requirements!
Travellers looking forward to visiting the Bahamas in the upcoming days, here you got it all, read the entire article minutely for the information you need to know to enter the country.
Bahamas embassies offer travellers a variety of visa facilities such as follows:
- Business Visa
- Tourist Visa
- Visit Visa
To acquire these, firstly you need to be a genuinely intended traveller and should have the capability of bearing your expenses when in a new country. Good health is important!
A passport is an extremely important travel document to fly to the Bahamas. Please remember that your passport should be legal for a minimum of 6 months from your intended stay in the Bahamas. A minimum of 3 blank pages should be available in the passport for stamping. The passport should not be torn or damaged in any way. Intending to cross an international boundary will be considered to be an offensive crime so all should follow the rules and regulations of a country before going to visit.
An old passport is also very important to showcase to the authorities of the Bahamas because it represents your travel record. So, in case you are having an old passport, submission is a must in proper condition.
In case you have it, you compulsorily need to showcase it because without it you do not get a visa stamp.
What is the Visa Strategy and Visa Policy of the Bahamas?
The Bahamas offers a visa-free visit for 3 months to the citizens of 121 countries of which some are listed below:
European Union All EU citizens (8 months visa-free stay for Denmark, Italy, Belgium, Greece, Netherlands and Luxembourg)
Antigua and Barbuda (8 months visa-free stay)
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Canada (8 months visa-free stay)
Iceland (8 months visa free stay)
Liechtenstein (8 months visa free stay)
Norway (8 months visa free stay)
Papua New Guinea
Sao Tome and Principe
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
San Marino (8 months visa free stay)
Switzerland (8 months visa free stay)
Trinidad and Tobago
Turkey (8 months visa-free stay)
United Arab Emirates
United Kingdom (8 months visa-free stay)
United States (8 months visa-free stay for all but 3 months visa-free stay for the citizens living in the Northern Mariana Islands, American Samoa, Guam, Puerto Rico and U.S. Virgin Islands)
Holders of diplomatic or official passports of Haiti and Cuba do not require a visa too to visit the Bahamas.
Cruise ship passengers travelling to or maybe returning from the Bahamas need a visa for themselves if they're not from a visa-free country.
Bahamas Visa Requirements
Here are a few compulsory requirements to attain a Bahamas Visa Application Online:
- The individual should possess an original passport which is valid for up to 6 months from the day of the trip.
- To track the travel history of the traveler an old passport has to be submitted.
- A set of 2 passport-size photos that are recently clicked are essential for a visa.
- Many financial documents need to be submitted to ensure that the traveler can fund his trip.
- An authentic bank statement that shows a good bank balance should be submitted after being duly signed and stamped by the relevant authority
- Air tickets are another set of documents that ensure that you are willing to return to your home country and prevent any prolonged stay in the foreign country.
- The air tickets for the to and from journey need to be submitted.
Other supporting documents need to be submitted if you're applying for a visiting Bahamas visa.
For Visiting Visa:
A cover letter containing the following details needs to be submitted.
- Address details of the applicant
- Detail of the travel expenses and who is bearing the expenses in case of a family or couple trip.
- The relationship with fellow travelers should be mentioned if you are travelling with family or friends.
- The travel purpose should be mentioned
- The travel dates should be mentioned accurately.
- The details of the passport should be given in the letter.
Income tax Returns
These are essential to prove that you are not financially broke and can sponsor your visit to a foreign country.
- You need to submit the income tax returns for the last 3 years.
- These returns should be supported by legitimate documentary proof.
For visiting your family or friends in the Bahamas, you need to submit an invitation letter from them to the Bahamas consulate.
- The letter should be addressed to the Bahamas diplomatic mission
- The applicant details such as the passport number, travel purpose, trip dates, duration of the stay and the relation between the applicant and invitee should be mentioned in the letter.
- The details of the invitee such as contact details, citizenship proof, visa status, and occupational details should be mentioned in the invitation letter.
- The letter should specify who is going to bear the travel and other expenses incurred during the trip.
Address Proof of the Invitee
- The residential address proof of the invitee should be submitted as accommodation proof for the traveller.
- The documents that can be submitted as proofs of address include water or electricity bills, gas bills, or other utility bills.
Invitee’s Resident permit copy
- If the invitee is staying in the Bahamas on a resident permit, it needs to be submitted.
Hotel Bookings or vouchers
- These need to be submitted to prove the purpose of the visit and accommodation.