Bangladesh Visa Application Procedure
Travelling can be a passion for some. It is the best way to gain the lost Vigo of life. It brings refreshment and enthusiasm to a boring life. As most countries in the world are now connected with air connectivity, traveling has become easy for many.
Bangladesh is a country in the Indian subcontinent with many tourist attractions such as historical architecture, beaches, and forests. The culture and food of Bangladesh are unique and have to be experienced at least once in a lifetime. Many travel consultancies offer Bangladesh e-visa services and Bangladesh visa services.
Below are the Bangladesh visa requirements!
Travelers looking forward to visiting Bangladesh in the upcoming days, here you got it all, read the entire article minutely for the information you need to know to enter the country.
Bangladesh offers travelers who want to visit it for various reasons, the following visa options:
- Tourist Visa
- Business Visa
- Work Visa
- Visit Visa
To acquire these, firstly you need to be a genuinely intended traveler and should have the capability of bearing your expenses when in a new country. Good health is important!
A passport is an extremely important travel document to fly to Bangladesh. Please remember that your passport should be legal for a minimum of 6 months from your intended stay in Bangladesh. A minimum of 3 blank pages should be available in the passport for stamping. The passport should not be torn or damaged in any way. Intending to cross an international boundary will be considered to be an offensive crime so all should follow the rules and regulations of a country before going to visit.
What is the Visa Strategy and Visa Policy of Bangladesh?
Bangladesh offers a visa-free visit for 3 months which is around 90 days to the citizens of the following 23 countries:
- The Gambia
- Papua New Guinea
- Saint Kitts and Nevis
- Sierra Leone
The following countries are listed as countries whose citizens can acquire a visa on arrival for the purpose of official duty, business, and tourism:
- European Union All European Union countries
- New Zealand
- North Korea
- Saudi Arabia
- South Korea
- United Arab Emirates
- United Kingdom
- United States
Citizens of the certain countries may obtain a visa on arrival for the maximum stay of 30 days, except for the following mentioned below:
- Hong Kong
- South Africa
- Sri Lanka
Citizens of Israel are exempted from entering the country.
Only the holders of diplomatic and official passports of the below-mentioned countries do not require visas for 30 days until and unless or else noted:
- Estonia (diplomatic passport only)
- India (45 days visa-free stay, diplomatic passport only)
- Japan (90 days visa-free stay, diplomatic passport only)
- North Korea
- South Korea
- Sri Lanka
- Thailand (diplomatic passport only)
- Turkey (diplomatic passport only)
- United Arab Emirates
Bangladesh Visa Requirements
The general visa
requirements to get a visa to visit Bangladesh are given below:
- The first and foremost requirement for a valid visa is an original passport which should have a validity of up to 6 months.
- A set of 2 photographs that have 35x45 mm dimensions should be submitted.
- Air tickets give an idea of the arrival and return of the traveler.
- Submit the booked air ticket copies along with Bangladesh online visa application.
Other supporting documents need to be submitted if you're applying for a Bangladesh tourist visa.
For Tourist Visa
- The applicant has to submit an authorization document with a stamp and signature. The letter has to be addressed to the agency. The authority letter allows the applicant few activities in the foreign even in the absence of the authority himself.
ID proof of the Authority
The pan card or passport of the authoritative person should be submitted.
The applicant should provide a covering letter and has to mention the following details in it:
- The applicant’s accommodative details
- The letter should signify who is bearing the travel expenses of the trip, in case of a couple or family trip.
- The relationship between the applicant and other people on the trip should be mentioned in the letter.
- The purpose of the visit to Bangladesh should be mentioned.
- The travel dates should be mentioned in the letter and should be the same as that of booked air tickets and invitation letter.
- All the details in the passport have to be mentioned.
- The applicant should submit bank statements that reflect sufficient funds.
- The bank copies should be original and should be from a savings bank account.
- The bank statements should be duly signed and sealed by the designated authority.
- The hotel vouchers should be submitted which act as accommodation proof and the purpose of the visit.
Apart from hotel vouchers, air tickets, and bank statements, the applicant has to submit the following additional documents for a Bangladeshi business visa.
Covering letter from the Company
- The applicant should submit a covering letter from the company that has details such as the applicant's stay and the company’s information.
- The letterhead of the company and official signature and seal are mandatory.
Invitation Letter from the Company
The letter inviting the applicant should be submitted and it should contain the following data:
- The company’s name, authority’s designation, sign, and stamp are mandatory.
- The contact details, travel purpose, sponsorship, and other document details should be provided.
- The letter should be addressed to the Bangladesh diplomatic mission.
Work Visa :
- The contract papers should be obtained from the organization in Bangladesh that offers the job opportunity.
- It should have information such as the responsibilities of the applicant, work period, and validity.
- The other details of the employer and employee should also be mentioned in the contract papers.
Approval from Immigration
- A BOI letter addressed to the Bangladesh consulate which is duly signed and stamped should be faxed at least two days before the submission.
- It should be submitted if you are applying for a work visa.
- It allows the applicant to work in Bangladesh.