Barbados Visa Application Procedure
Barbados can be your next destination spot for spending your holiday leisurely. It is an island country in the Caribbean Sea with Bridgetown as its capital. The country has many beaches, resorts and parks to attract tourists all over the world. Many travel agencies offer Barbados visa application service
Below are the Barbados visa requirements!
Travellers looking forward to visiting the Bahamas in the upcoming days, here you got it all, read the entire article minutely for the information you need to know to enter the country.
Barbados offers two types of visas for foreigners visiting its region. They are:
- Single Entry Visitor Visa
- Multiple entry Visitor Visa
To acquire these, firstly you need to be a genuinely intended traveler and should have the capability of bearing your expenses when in a new country. Good health is important!
A passport is an extremely important travel document to fly to Barbados. Please remember that your passport should be legal for a minimum of 6 months from your intended stay in Barbados. A minimum of 3 blank pages should be available in the passport for stamping. The passport should not be torn or damaged in any way. Intending to cross an international boundary will be considered to be an offensive crime so all should follow the rules and regulations of a country before going to visit.
An old passport is also very important to showcase to the authorities of Barbados because it represents your travel record. So, in case you are having an old passport, submission is a must in proper condition.
In case you have it, you compulsorily need to showcase it because without it you do not get a visa stamp.
What is the Visa Strategy and Visa Policy of Barbados?
A total of 180 countries do not require a visa to visit Barbados for a varied period. 54 countries do not require a visa for 6 months while 105 countries do not require a visa for 3 months, 3 countries do not require a visa for a month and 18 countries do not require a visa for 28 days.
For 6 months visa-free countries:
- Antigua and Barbuda
- New Zealand
- San Marino
- Sierra Leone
- Solomon Islands
- South Africa
- Sri Lanka
- St. Kitts and Nevis
- St. Lucia
- St. Vincent and the Grenadines
- Trinidad and Tobago
- the United Kingdom
- the United States
For 90 days visa-free countries:
- All European Union Citizens (3 months visa-free stay within 6 months period for all other than the citizens of Ireland)
- Burkina Faso
- Cape Verde
- The central African Republic
- Cook Islands
- The Democratic Republic of the Congo
- El Salvador
- Equatorial Guinea
- Hong Kong
- Ivory Coast
- Marshall Islands
- North Macedonia
- the Philippines
- Sao Tome and Principe
- Saudi Arabia
- South Korea
- South Sudan
- the United Arab Emirates
For 30 days visa free countries:
- Costa Rica
For 28 days visa free countries:
Barbados Visa Requirements
The general visa requirements for Barbados are as follows:
- A passport is a travel document that is issued by the country of which you are a citizen offering some immunities and protection in foreign countries.
- Any individual before applying for a visa should have an original passport that is valid for 6 months.
- It is highly impossible to travel without a passport.
- The photographs of the applicant which are not old than 3 months should be submitted.
- Then, the applicant should fill out the Barbados online visa application form and duly sign it.
- Ensure you give correct information while filling up the form.
- The Cover letter contains details such as travel dates, passport information, duration of stay in the foreign country, and who is bearing the expenses of the trip (when not traveling alone).
- The original bank statement which acts as financial proof needs to be submitted.
- The statements should be updated by the last 3 months.
- They should have a bank seal and be stamped by the relevant authority.
- These are to ensure that the traveler will not reside in the country of visit for more than the prescribed period.
- The air tickets for the onward and backward journeys need to be submitted.
- Hotel reservation copies need to be submitted as proof of accommodation.
Other supporting documents need to be submitted if you're applying for a business Barbados visa.
For Student Visa
For Barbados student visa online application, one has to submit documents such as a student ID and educational certificates.
For Business Visa:
- A recommendation letter from the Chambers of Commerce and Industries or Export Promotion Council of India.
- Last three years' income tax documents.
- A company invitation letter addressed to the embassy stating the applicant's name for visa issuance.
- Letter of sponsorship having information about the visitor and his purpose of visit.
- The letter should also state the relationship between the invitee and the inviter.
- Inviter’s ID proof such as resident permit or passport.
- Utility bills or electricity bills should be submitted as address proof of the Inviter.
- Bank statements and pay slips should be submitted as financial proof.
Visa Application Procedure:
- The applicant should fill out the visa application form after choosing a specific visa type based on the purpose of the visit.
- Attach the documents needed
- Pay the visa application fees through card or cash.
- If approved by the consulate, you may receive your visa after 15 working days of the consulate.