Chad Visa application procedure
Chad is a country that belongs to the African subcontinent with many tourist attractions such as Lake Yoa, Lake Chad, and Aorouga crater etc., if you are planning to visit this country go through the detailed visa policy here.
Travellers looking forward to visiting Chad in the upcoming days, here you got it all, read the entire article minutely for the information you need to know to enter the country.
Chad offers various visa services to different travellers who are travelling to the country for different travel purposes.
- Tourist Visa
- Business Visa
To acquire these, firstly you need to be a genuinely intended traveller and should have the capability of bearing your expenses when in a new country. Good health is important!
A passport is an extremely important travel document to fly to Chad. Please remember that your passport should be legal for a minimum of 6 months from your intended stay in Chad. A minimum of 3 blank pages should be available in the passport for stamping. The passport should not be torn or damaged in any way. Intending to cross an international boundary will be considered to be an offensive crime so all should follow the rules and regulations of a country before going to visit.
An old passport is also very important to showcase to the authorities of Chad because it represents your travel record. So, in case you are having an old passport, submission is a must in proper condition.
In case you have it, you compulsorily need to showcase it because without it you do not get a visa stamp.
What is the Visa Strategy and Visa Policy of Chad?
The Chad visa policy allows citizens of 15 countries to visit its tourist spots without any visa for at least 90 days. These countries include:
- Burkina Faso
- Cameroon- (Citizens can enter using an ID card)
- Central African Republic ( Citizens can enter using an ID card)
- Republic of the Congo (Citizens can enter using an ID card)
- Côte d'Ivoire
- Equatorial Guinea ( Citizens can enter using an ID card)
- Gabon ( Citizens can enter using an ID card)
- The United Arab Emirates.
Diplomats having a diplomatic passport from the following countries also can visit Chad without a Visa.
- The Gambia
- Sao Tome and Principe
- Sierra Leone
Chad Visa Requirements
All other nationals in the world except for the above countries need to produce a visa for entering Chad for tourist and business purposes. The Chad Visa requirements are discussed in the following section.
- A passport is a basic requirement if you want a Chad tourist visa online.
- It must be presented while requesting a visa.
- The visa officers check the traveller's passport to confirm their citizenship.
- Therefore, make sure to produce a genuine passport with a validity of 6 months.
- The applicant must submit two recent passport photographs that were taken by all visa regulations along with a Chad visa application form.
- The photo should be of 35X45mm dimensions and should have a face coverage of up to 80%.
- A passport is regarded as being old if it has been fully stamped or expired.
- The visa administrators must get this to revisit the applicant's account of travel.
- If the officials want your old passports, submit all of them.
- Ensure that they are in good condition.
- The traveller should submit air tickets for the entire trip to and fro which ensures that the applicant is not planning to stay in the country.
Covering Letter from the Applicant
- A personal cover letter is very important as it is the first document that is referred to by the consulate.
- It should therefore be written effectively and impactfully.
- The covering letter should give details such as accommodation details, expenses details of the trip, purpose of the travel, passport details, etc.,
- Bank statements serve as financial proof and hence should be submitted by the applicant.
- The statements should have an authentic seal and signature of the bank officials on each page.
- These statements should be from a savings bank account.
- Submit the statements of the past 6 months which should reflect a good account balance that ensures the visa officials that the traveller can bear his trip expenses.
Yellow fever vaccination
- A Yellow fever vaccination certified by a registered medical professional should be submitted.
- This is a compulsory document for Chad tourist visa services
For Business Visa
In addition to the above documents, for a business visa to Chad, the following supporting documents should also be submitted.
Company’s Covering Letter
- A company covering letter having details of the visitor’s stay in Chad has to be produced.
- The details of the business traveller, as well as the company, should be mentioned in this letter.
- It should be allocated on the official company’s letterhead with a seal and signature of the concerned administration.
Company’s Invitation Letter
- An invitation letter having the signature and stamp of the authority along with the travel purpose, sponsorship information and contact details should be submitted.
- It has to be addressed to Chad's consulate.